A culture built on strong bonds & hard work
Our fast-growing company offers tremendous opportunities for professionals looking to join a team of specialists that excel in their field.
JOIN OUR TEAM
Orion Engineers, PLLC has an exciting opportunity for a Construction Engineer in our Chicago office. The position will support the firm’s construction group on various projects ranging from roadways and bridges to utility facility construction.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conduct on-site observation of work and inspect various work activities to ensure compliance with the contract drawings, all applicable codes, standards, and specifications
- Coordinate material testing, review contractor submittals, requests for information, and coordinate with the contractor.
- Coordinate construction activities with clients, inspectors, contractors, and public agencies
- Performs daily field inspections and maintains inspection records
- Measure and document daily construction activities
- Maintain a daily log of construction activities and other job site records
- Monitor progress schedule and maintenance of traffic
- Ability to sit, stand, climb, bend, twist, or stoop frequently and for prolonged periods, under various outside conditions
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering-related field (e.g., civil engineering, construction management, etc.) from an accredited program
- EIT and/or PE License preferred
- IDOT Documentation of Contract Quantities certification or ability to obtain
- OSHA 10 hr certification or ability to obtain
- Past experience on IDOT, Illinois Tollway, and/or CDOT projects preferred
- Working knowledge of applicable codes, standards, and materials (e.g., IDOT and Illinois Tollway)
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Strong computer and organizational skills (Microsoft office, e-Builder, BlueBeam, Headlight, IDOT ICORS or CMMS, Tollway FieldSys)
- Materials (PCC, HMA, Aggregate) training and certifications preferred but not required.
- Experience with GPS survey equipment and construction layout preferred but not required.
- AutoCAD/MicroStation experience preferred but not required.
- Must have a valid drivers’ license
- Must be authorized to work in the United States